Multiple suppliers with the same products 2018-07-09T21:25:40+00:00

Home Forums Inventory Source Forum Catalog Manager Multiple suppliers with the same products

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Community Member

What do I do when I have the same product across multiple suppliers, how does Inventory Source handle this? Can I just sell the one with the lowest cost?

Slangindeals
    Community Member

So Inventory Source will create individual listings for each product. It’s really on you to decide which product you want to sell (best margin, better supplier, etc). You can then remove the product you don’t want to sell from your catalog.

MarcoG
    Community Member

I may be wrong, but if the products are identical, it doesn’t actually matter which product you sell,
    (unless you have automated ordering) it only matters which supplier you order from.
    Isn’t that correct?

Deep River
    Community Member

From What I have seen,Both items will still list even if identical because the source is different.

MarcoG
    Community Member

So different prices could also be displayed then.
    This is a poor user experience.

ezmoney
    Community Member

Even though they are the same products, they are from different suppliers and have different SKU’s.

All you have to do is exclude one of the products from your Catalog inside Inventory Source.

MarcoG
    Community Member

If you have several suppliers with thousands of products each, checking for duplicates on each one is not cost effective.

mattiavelli
    Community Member

MarcoG a new tool was launched to assist with these collisions :
    https://docs.inventorysource.com/article/246-sku-collision-detection-tool

This tool may require a certain plan to access, I can’t remember exactly. Might be worth it to reach out to the sales or support team if this is what you’re looking for though.

Sovereign
    Community Member

I would be surprised if there was not a way to cross reference duplicate items.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.