PQS vs Full Upate 2018-07-06T13:14:43+00:00

Home Forums Inventory Source Forum General Discussion PQS vs Full Upate

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Community Member

What is the difference between a PQS update and a full update?

LeeroyJenkins
    Community Member

My account manager told me that a PQS update just updates the price, quantity, and status. A full update is generally only run once, when you activate your feed, and pushes over all of the information from the catalog.

GoPro
    Community Member

Leeroy is correct, but just to also note, if you have new products in your catalog manager that need to be loaded to your store, their full product data will be uploaded during PQS. There are some catalog rules that you can toggle for different features but this is the core function from what my experience.

NESG
    Community Member

Full also wipes out any previous customization you may have done with tweaking descriptions, categories, etc on your websites backend.

Scenario: You setup your website with Full and give it a few days to load all the data. A week later you notice some meta data is not to your liking (i.e. some colors are wrong for products). You decide to customize the meta data on your websites back end because you are already looking at it and it would be easy and quick.

A month later you decide to change your catalog structure through inventorysource. You made such large changes in the structure of your product categories the quickest way to have it synced is to push a Full update. When you do this, any custom updates (such as the color changes above, etc) will be LOST!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.