Amazon or eBay 2018-07-18T13:21:52+00:00

Home Forums Ecommerce Forum Ecommerce Marketplaces Amazon or eBay

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Community Member

Trying to decide whether to start selling on Amazon on eBay. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips on which one is better to start out on?

LauraSullivan
    Community Member

I have both and I prefer Amazon to be honest. The only thing you have to be careful of is mismatched UPC’s. It’s best if you can customize the product by adding an ASIN before adding it to your catalog. Otherwise, you run the risk of Amazon incorrectly matching your UPC with a different product.

aiproteam
    Community Member

Hello Laura.

It all depends what type of products you have, how many skus, and how invested you would like to get within the process. Amazon can be a cash cow if you have great attention to detail. If you have a small mistake within a listing, it can escalate rapidly.

For example, amazon did my on-boarding for me. I had some drop-ship items listed for a 21 day lead time(MFG. timeline). Well amazon went ahead and listed those items for a 1-2 day lead time.

Sure enough, I received close to 50,000 worth of orders that were not able to be fulfilled within 1-2 days. Amazon did not do anything to assist. My account was marked for the negligent and it cost me thousands up from and close to a million in sales due to a 6 month downtime from amazon.

This is a good example as to how harsh the culture can be. Even though I handed them proof that they falsely advertised my products, and confronted them within a day of the listings, they like to pretend that they are immune to error.

I wish you the best, good luck!

evissam
    Community Member

Although I like Amazon, and it offers services eBay does not (e.g. Fulfillment by Amazon), eBay is probably the simplest way of getting your products in front of the consumer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.