Best Way of Incorporating Shipping Costs 2018-08-09T13:28:38+00:00

Home Forums Inventory Source Forum Catalog Manager Best Way of Incorporating Shipping Costs

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Community Member

What is the best way of incorporating shipping costs into my sales price?

topdropshipper100
    Community Member

Go to your catalog manager -> catalog rules -> pricing -> advanced -> enable “Include Shipping Cost in Retail Price” setting

mtm32175
    Community Member

I found by marking 30% above wholesale and adding $10 to each item covers shipping and leaves room for profit

Tactical_Knives_Depot
    Community Member

Thanks guys! I have heard from a rep at IS that not all suppliers provide shipping costs within their feed so the “Include Shipping Cost in Retail Price” only works for select suppliers.

I noticed they have a landed cost feature for marking up off of the weights of the products. Maybe that’s an even better way of including shipping costs…?

ChrisH
    Admin

Yea, you can “Enable landed cost” and that allows you to mark up products based on weight. You can also add a fixed dollar amount to each item to cover some of those costs too.

jjoutdoors
    Community Member

I have shipping included with my prices but so far I’ve noticed the estimated shipping costs on IS may be off by what your supplier actually charges so I’d add a few dollars to the IS shipping price for the item. Just what I e noticed.

sportsdoggy
    Community Member

We advertise free shipping and our supplier does not provide shipping cost. What we have done is add our suppliers shipping fee to the cost of each item. For us this works because our supplier has only 2 shipping costs – it does not really vary at all.

We did end up making a few sales below our cost in the beginning because we added the shipping to all products and some products use a higher shipping cost. In these cases we took the loss and then adjusted the price of that item.

Jeff

sportsdoggy.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.