Dropship products 2018-07-09T21:18:52+00:00

Home Forums Ecommerce Forum All About Dropshipping Dropship products

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Community Member

I want to start an online dropshipping business, but I’m not sure what products to carry on my website. Is there a list anywhere of which products are the best to sell?

WatchGuru11
    Community Member

I don’t know if there is a list anywhere, but I’d suggest finding a niche market and starting there. Do some keyword research on Google and find out how expensive it is to market to that niche. You’ll also want to pay attention to supplier and shipping costs, because that will affect your margins. Check out the competition selling those products as well, that will give you some good insight. Conversely, there’s lots of people making a ton of money selling ordinary products. If you’re just starting out though, I’d suggest starting with a niche.

NESG
    Community Member

When started out I changed my business plan a few times until I found our Niche. Do you have any hobbies or enjoy certain things? Can you involve you business with those in any way? If so you may actually enjoy the work you do.

If you sign up here with inventorysource you can view sample catalogs from various suppliers. Do some research on average retail prices (Not the MSRP) and then compare them to the wholesale price to see what Net profit would be for the products you would like to sell.

Now you have to think about how frequently you would sell such a product. Can you sell more than what your overhead business costs are? Overhead is 3rd party expenses such as: inventory source, 3rd party plugins, hosting provider, banking fees, etc. Only when you can stay above that amount will your business be successful.

KellysKreations
    Community Member

I’m thinking it might be good to start with a more generalized product line rather than a niche until you get an idea of what direction you want to go with your business.

evissam
    Community Member

It’s becoming harder to find niches that aren’t already saturated. If you choose a niche that’s already saturated, you’re going to face an uphill battle.

NESG’s suggestion about considering hobbies is a good one. Think about the things you know best — your interests and passions. Do you love the outdoors, woodworking? Do you have extensive knowledge of specific products or in a particular interest? Once you have a few ideas, research the competition, and most importantly, ensure the niche is profitable.

There is a Fulfillment by Amazon Revenue Calculator and other tools available at AMZScout that might be worth checking out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.